UPDATED 15 MARCH 2016
There is a new pope in the Vatican, Pope Francis, and thousands of cases of sexually abused children at the hands of thousands of paedophile priests, have come to light. Has anything really changed in the Catholic Church?
ARE WE BUT A MERE FLOCK OF SHEEP?
“Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favor, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one.” – Richard Dawkins (Quote taken from TGO’s Blog)
Michael Baigent discusses historical fact – he is enlightening. I have read previous books about the Dead Sea Scrolls and other books co-authored by Michael Baigent and this book is just as good. There is much information about the beginnings of Catholicism which will interest many of my blog readers. The back of the book lists three questions:
- What if everything we have been told about the origins of Christianity is a lie?
- What if a small group had always known the truth and had kept it hidden…until now?
- What if there is incontrovertible proof that Jesus Christ survived the crucifixion?
I, and I am sure many other Catholics, are asking:
- Did we suffer all that terrifying threat of hellfire and brimstone as children, for the sake of a LIE’?
- Are women being stoned to death for the sake of a LIE?
- Is this the reason we have been labelled ‘His flock of sheep’ and He ‘Our Shepherd’?
- Are the reasons many thousands died during the Inquisition and the Crusades – all based on LIES?
The Inquisition was initiated by the cruel and fanatical Spanish monk, Dominic De Guzman in the 13th Century and the Catholic Church named Orders after him; Dominican nuns and priests. Guzman was eventually canonised by the Vatican as a Saint, can you believe it? As Michael Baigent says in his book, all roads might have led to Rome, but so did vast rivulets of blood! Question marks still hang over the present German pope, Joseph Ratzinger, who as Cardinal Ratzinger, (from 1981 until 2005) headed the twice re-named Inquisition; Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office in 1908 and during his reign as Cardinal in Charge (‘Grand Inquisitor’), Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith in 1965.
-Anne Frandi-Coory 15 March 2015
Read more here:
Australian Royal Commission Into Institutional Responses Into Sexual Abuse Of Children 2013 -2017